Client: Cork City Council
The Junction Improvement Scheme at Victoria Cross in Cork City took place in 2016 and involved the upgrade of one of the busiest junctions in the city. The main aim of the scheme was to improve the safety and overall environment at the junction for the large number of pedestrians & cyclists utilising it.
The Project included:
- buildouts & widening of footpaths
- removal of existing traffic island and enlargement of another
- upgrade of existing signal controlled junctions
- swept path analysis
- construction of a number of toucan crossings,
- upgrade of public lighting to appropriate standards
- road markings & signage
The final scheme presents a high quality environment for pedestrians, cyclists and the mobility impaired with overall safer conditions for all road users.